Sunday, October 27, 2013

How can I make the Android emulator show the soft keyboard?

Question:
I'm debugging an issue with the soft keyboard display not displaying when it should. However, I don't have a device handy for testing. The problem is that the emulator never shows the soft keyboard.
Some skins have a keyboard constantly displayed on the right, some don't, but none that I've tried so far has ever shown a keyboard on the device screen. For what it's worth, this is using the latest version of the emulator (Android emulator version 18.0 (build_id MASTER-306762)), running on OSX 10.7.
Is there some setting that I missed?

Answer:
I found out how to do this on the emulator itself. All you need to do it go to \
settings -> Language & Input -> Go to the "Keyboard & Input Methods -> click Default
This will bring up a Dialog in which case you can then disable the Hardware Keyboard by switching the hardware keyboard from on to off. This will disable the Hardware keyboard and enable the softkeyboard.

7 comments:

  1. I am happy to find this post Very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I Always prefer to read The Quality and glad I found this thing in you post. Thanks android-emulators

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to see this article. Such a various type of article and your info is too good!!!!!
    Bep-20 token development

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s a very useful post and amazing write up !!!!!!!
    DAPPS Development

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice and informative blog! This information is quite helpful in software testing services.
    If you want to know about Software Testing Company in Pune then you can click here.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice and informative blog! This type of information ensures optimal functionality, performance, and security.
    If you want to know about Software testing and quality assurance services then you can click here.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete