Saturday, October 26, 2013

IELTS Tip for speaking practice - Part 3 - Answer questions

Type 1 - Comparing
1. Are school nowadays the same as school in the past ?
Well obviously, there are a variety of possible differences here. However I guess the most significant would the that schools nowadays have new and modern facilities more than in the past. Students can enjoy learning with computers or be familiar with many technologies.
In addition, a second key distinction would be that the content of lessons in school nowadays is diversified and new.

2. Are TV programs nowadays the same as TV programs in the past?
Well obviously, there are a variety of possible differences here. However, I guess the most significant would be that TV programs nowadays are much more diversified than TV programs in the past. Many channels have produced a lot  of interesting programs to attract people.
In addition, a second key distinction would be that nowadays there are many live programs on TV such as music, news.. People like watching live programs to enjoy and relax comfortably.

3. Are restaurants nowadays the same as restaurants in the past?
Well obviously, there are a lot of possible differences here. But I guess the most significant would be that restaurants in the past are not very popular and they are very small. because people prefer eating at home to going to the restaurants.
In addition, a second key distinction would be that there are a lot of kinds of foods in restaurants nowadays. People like choosing these restaurants for having lunch or dinner with their friends and family.

4. Are free time activities nowadays the same as 20 years ago in your country?
Well obviously, there are a variety of possible differences here. But I guess the most significant would be that nowadays free-time activities are more diversified in my country. People like joining the club, watching live shows, shopping at supermarket, going on picnic.
In addition, a second key distinction would be that young people have a lot of opportunities to participate in free-time activities. They relax and enjoy with their friends and family comfortably.

5. Are shops nowadays the same as shops when you were young?
Well obviously, there are a variety of possible differences here. But I guess the most significant would be that nowadays they are displayed and decorated very beautiful so they can attract the attention of buyers.
In addition, a second key distinction would be that there are a lot of goods in shops nowadays

6. Are trips nowadays the same as trips that your parent had when they were young?
Well obviously, there are a variety possible differences here. But I guess the most significant would be that trips nowadays are more convenient and easier. This could be because there are many means of transport such as car, boat, airplane, train..
In addition, a second key distinction would be that nowadays people can visit many beautiful and famous places in the world.

7. In what ways are magazines different to newspaper?
Well obviously, there are a variety of possible differences here. But I guess the most significant would be that every magazines is publish for only specialized field such as fashion magazine, sport magazine..
Whereas on the other hand, newspapers are publish with diversified information and different fields. Newspapers include many fields such as Economics, Law, Fashion, Society, Education, Sports, Culture...

8. Do adults and children make friend the same ways?
Well obviously, there are a variety of possible differences here. But I guess the most significant would be that adults have a lot of opportunities to make many friends. They make friend due to many purposes  such as working , studying, doing business or traveling.
Whereas on the other hand, children make friends for studying and playing together. They don't have high demand to make many friends.

9. Are families nowadays the same as families in the past?
Well obviously, there are a variety of possible differences here. But I guess the most significant would be that people nowadays don't spend much free time together at home. They must work or study all day.
In addition, a second key distinction would be that there are many generations living together in the past.

10. Are buildings nowadays the same as building 100 years ago?
Well obviously there are a variety of possible differences here. But I guess the most significant would be that buildings nowadays are very high in almost cities in the world. High buildings have been built for living and working because the population has raised fast in big cities.
In addition, a second key distinction would be that modern buildings today have been equipped well for living and working.

11. Is public transport nowadays the same as public transport 20 years ago?
Well obviously, there are a variety of possible differences here . But I guess the most significant would be that there are many kinds of public transport nowadays such as buses, taxis, airplane, ferry, train.
In addition, a second key distinction would be that public transportation is used more and more popular in many pats of the country.

12. Do old and young people like the same hobbies?
Well obviously, there are a variety of possible differences here. But I guess the most significant would be that the old people want to enjoy relaxed and mellow atmosphere such as listening to classical music.
Whereas on the other hand, the young people like noisy and fun atmosphere for relaxing such as going to bars, cinemas or club.

13. Do men and women have the same attitude to shopping?
Well obviously, there are a variety of possible differences here. But I guess the most significant would be that men prefer shopping at supermarket to the market because they believe that the prices are fixed at supermarket or shops.
Whereas on the other hand, women spend a lot of time for shopping. They like shopping in many different places. They can bargain the prices and choose goods carefully.

14. What is the differences between things made by hand and things made by machines?
Well obviously, there are a variety of possible differences here. But I guess the most significant would be that things made by hand are unique, artistic and customized. Because people spend much time to make handmade products.
Whereas on the other hand, things made by machines are produced with large quantity in a short time so they are not unique.

15. Do people nowadays eat the same food as people 50 years ago?
Well obviously, there are a variety of possible differences here. But I guess the most significant would be that people nowadays often use canned food and eat fast food. Because they are very busy and do not have time to cook.
In addition, a second key distinction would be that people nowadays prefer eating meat to vegetables because the foods produced from meats are taste and delicious.

16. Is weather in North Vietnam the same as the weather in South Vietnam?
Well obviously, there are a variety possible differences here. But I guess the most significant would be that the weather in North Vietnam is colder than the weather in South Vietnam. The weather in North Vietnam is very cold in winter. The temperature is from 12 to 20, even below 12 in some areas.

17. How has education change in recent years in your country?
Well obviously, there are a variety of possible differences here but I guess the most significant would be that e-learning has been more and more popular in recent years in my country. People can stay at home to study and get the certificates accredited from a lot of College or University.

18. Nowadays people make friends in a same way as people 20 years ago?
Well obviously, there are a variety of possible differences here. But I guess the most significant would be that people nowadays make friends easily and quickly. People can make friends through on Forums, Clubs and Social Network on the Internet.
In addition, a second key distinction would be that people have good opportunities to make a lot of friend all over the world when they travel to different countries or study abroad.

19. Are the way in which people become famous nowadays the same ways that people became famous 100 years ago?
Well obviously, there are a variety of possible differences here. But I guess the most significant would be that nowadays, famous people known as not only in the country but also in the world. Because they are introduced on media such as TV, magazine, newspaper, internet...


Type 1 - Predicting.
1. What will schools be like in the future?
I'm sure that in years to come we will see a number of changes related to this. And I guess that we might begin to see schools will use more technologies such as record lessons, do assignments and project on computers...
As well as this, I suppose it's quite possible that we may have schools that will be designed smarter and more efficient.

2. What will restaurants be like in the future?
I'm sure that in years to come we will see a number of changes related to this. And I guess that we might begin to see restaurants have automatic robots that are responsible for introduction or cashier.

3. What types of people will become famous in the future?
I'm sure that in years to come we will see a number of changes related to this. And I guess that we might begin to see people working in Environmental Preservation and Peace World become famous.

4. What will shopping habits be like in the future?
I'm sure that in years to come we will see a number of changes related to this. And I guess that we might begin to see the significant development of e-commerce websites and payment online.
As well as this, I suppose it's quite possible that we may have a lot of mobile shopping or TV shopping habits.

5. What will public transport be like in the future?
I'm sure that in years to come we will see a number of changes related to this. And I guess that we might begin to see the development of hydrogen-powered buses and trains for better fuel economy, better performance and reduce CO2 emission considerably.
As well as this, I suppose it's quite possible that we may have a lot of high-tech vehicles supported.

6. What types of hobbies will become popular in the future?
I'm sure that in years to come we will see a number of changes related to this. And I guess that we might begin to see the significant increment of people joining in social network, forums online, blogs.

7. What types of trips/holidays will people take in the future?
I'm sure that in years to come we will see a number of changes related to this. And I guess that we might begin to see the significant increment of space tourism or submarine tourism.

8. What will cars be like in the future?
I'm sure that in years to come we will see a number of changes related to this. And I guess that we might begin to see the change from hydrogen to electric and bio-fuel cars.
As well as this, I suppose it's quite possible that we may have cars using nonpolluting fuels such as solar, electricity or even water.

9. What will TV programs be like in the future?
I'm sure that in years to come we will see a number of changes related to this. And I guess that we might begin to see TV will be like the web.

10. What kinds of gifts will become important in the future?
I'm sure that in years to come we will see a number of changes related to this. And I guess we might begin to see people will send together digital photo, sending online on mobile, internet or camera.
Beside that people can send e-greeting cards or something like that.

11. What new inventions do you think we will see in the future?
I'm sure that in years to come we will see a number of changes related to this. And I guess we might begin to see new inventions about artificial organs, electric clothes , undersea resort or something like that.

12. What environmental problems will we see in the future?
I'm sure that in years to come we will see a number of changes related to this. And I guess we might begin to see rising oceans, disturbance in ecosystem integrity.

13. Do you think we will see any changes in the weather in the future?
I'm sure that in years to come we will see a number of changes related to this. And I guess we might begin to see summer temperature will be very high and winter will last longer and very cold.

14. Do you think we will read book in different ways in the future?
I'm sure that in years to come we will see a number of changes related to this. And I guess that we might begin to see the significant increment of people reading book on the internet, on digital-books.

15. Do you think we will get news in different way in the future?
I'm sure that in years to come we will see a number of changes related to this. And I guess that we might begin to see people will get news from digital devices such as mobiles, notebooks, email, social network.

Type 3 : Why question
1. Why is it important to protect old / historical building?
Well in my opinion I guess I would have to say that, there are probably a number of factors involved and the key explanation is possibly because the historical buildings enhance a community's culture significantly.

2. Why so many people move from the countryside to cities?
Well in my opinion I guess I would have to say that there are probably a number of factors involved and the key explanation is possibly because in the city we will have high standard of living such as better education, transportation and healthcare facilities.
As well as this, a subsequent factor could be because in the city we will have more job opportunities.

3. Why is it important to protect the environment?
Well in my opinion I guess I would have to say that there are probably a number of factors involved and the key explanation is possibly because protecting the environment help to regulate temperature, CO2 levels and provide oxygen.
As well as this, a subsequent factor could be because we can preserve animals species and maintain plants.

4. Why do people like to know about the private lives of famous people?
Well in my opinion I guess I would have to say that there are probably a number of factors involved and the key explanation is possibly because people have curiosity. People are amazed (ngac nhien) with what celebrities do because they have the fame and the fortune (tai san) that most of us don't have.
As well as this, a subsequent factor could be because people want to know why famous people have become successful.

5. Why do many people want to live abroad?
Well in my opinion, I guess I would have to say that there are probably a number of factors involved and the key explanation is possibly because living abroad we may have better job opportunities.
Beside that, we will have high standard of living.

6. Why do people like travelling to foreign country?
Well in my opinion, I guess I would have to say that there are probably a number of factors involved and the key explanation is possibly because we would like to meet people from other countries, different cultures, landscape and food.

7. Why is it important to learn a foreign language?
Well in my opinion, I guess I would have to say that there are probably a number of factors involved and the key explanation is possibly because we can broaden our knowledge. Learning a foreign language is a great way to expand our knowledge of a new culture, society and landscape.
As well as this, a subsequent factor could be because the demand to speak another language like English or Chinese may increase our opportunity for getting a good job.

8. Why supermarkets so popular nowadays?
Well in my opinion, I guess I would have to say that there are probably a number of factors involved and the key explanation is possibly because in supermarkets there are something like cheap price, safe and high quality products.
As well as this, a subsequent could be because buying goods in supermarkets is very convenient.

9. Why is it important to play sports?
Well in my opinion, I guess I would have to say that there are probably a number of factors involved and the key explanation is possibly because playing sports is a great way to keep fit and maintain psychological health.
 As well as this, a subsequent factor could be because playing sport help in building team work among adults and children.

10. Why is watching TV so popular around the world?
Well in my opinion, I guess I would have to say that there are probably a number of factors involved and the key explanation is possibly because watching TV help people get a lot of news and general knowledge.
As well as this, a subsequent factor could be because there are a lot of interesting and useful programs on TV.







4 comments:

  1. có answer của advantages vs disadvantages k ạ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. please set advantage and disadvantage of .......sth

    ReplyDelete
  3. please set advantage and disadvantage of and problem

    ReplyDelete